Essex, United Kingdom - craftwithsarah@gmail.com - 07545879858

Monday 3 October 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy!


Good morning everyone!

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted, been very busy doing my stalls and getting my little boy settled into nursery before I go back to work!


This is me at my craft stall at Rochester Baptist Church, Kent, ME1 1RF on the 24th September.

I have another one on the Saturday 29th October, so if you are free then come down and see me!

I really enjoyed doing the stall as I get to meet new people and also it is nice seeing that they like my stuff.

So recently I have been making little gift bags, as shown in a video in my previous post, to sell and I have also been doing book folding which isn't stampin up but I enjoy doing.

So I have been making some christmas items for my stall but I have also been buying a few retired stampin up stamps and making cards with them as I really like some of the old ones. For example, I love the pirate stamps that stampin up did which I have made the below card with and my hubby got excited about them too so also did a card, but he had to go that one step further and he put a nice flickering tealight behind a vellum picture he stamped.




You cannot see the flickering because of the photo but if I manage to get a video of it I will post it here as it makes it look relaxing but also eerie being behind the ship silhouette, something that would be quite nice to have on show in your home.

My one I distressed the paper with scissors and sponged the edges with crumb cake ink. You can also use cold teabgas to age the paper but you have to wait for it all to dry before you can finish the card. The map behind is from Impression Obsession which I think is brilliant as it covers an almost 6x6" card base!

Anyways that it that from me for now as I have to start making a cake and finish off my card that I am making for my son's first birthday on Saturday. We are not doing much, it will just be me, hubby and little Jack and maybe take him somewhere to play (if it isn't raining!), would take him to soft play but I can imagine on a Saturday it would be very busy! we have been going to Leed's castle recently which is not too far from us and now that he can walk we let him run on the vast area of land and kick a football around, he loves it.



This is the card that I have been drawing. I have been copying it from a picture on my ipad, it's not the best but I am hoping that Jack can work out what they are! 


Right I better get going!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.


Sarah xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Limited edition Paper Pumpkin kit

My Pinterest

Follow