Essex, United Kingdom - craftwithsarah@gmail.com - 07545879858

Saturday 21 May 2016

Retiring Swallowtail and Pedal Pusher


Good morning all!!!

The first part of this post will be about the retiring Swallowtail stamp, that I believe may be sold out which is a shame as it is a lovely stamp if you did not manage to get your hands on it.


I love this stamp that is why I have done quite a different few cards using it, and even though it is retiring I won't be letting it go anytime soon!


These cards were done using the aqua painter and watercolour paper. I used ink colours Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Chocolate Chip, firstly I picked up some Chocolate Chip ink from my ink pad with my aqua painter and painted it onto the stamp where the Butterfly's body is, then I painted the inner wings in the same way as mentioned with Rich Razzleberry and the outer wings were painted with the other two colours.I then placed the inked stamp onto some watercolour paper and viola!

I then used the sentiment from the Work of Art stamp set and finished off both cards with some cotton ribbon in the colours of Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry, and some pearl and rhinestone embellishments.



Right the second part of my post is regarding the now retired Sale-a-bration Pedal Pusher stamp. Even though it is now retired it does not mean that you do not have it and cannot still make cards with it. Also I thought I have not had a chance to properly use it yet so thought why not now!


I stamped the bike, the basket and the flowers (in the basket) onto a piece of whisper white card and then cut it out using the Lots of Labels framelit dies. I then stamped the sentiments and coloured in the image. I punched a hole in the die cut cardstock and using the cotton ribbon in Real Red tied through the whole. The Elegant Eggplant paper from the Regals DSP stack was used as a backing mount and then the stamped image was stuck on using dimensionals.

This was quite a simple card as there is not much to do for this project but I think the backing paper makes it seem quite busy and fills up the card a bit, which makes the paper worth the money!


Well that is it from me for now, if you like anything then please feel free to leave a message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Limited edition Paper Pumpkin kit

My Pinterest

Follow