Essex, United Kingdom - craftwithsarah@gmail.com - 07545879858

Saturday 4 June 2016

Jem's Blog Hop, New In-Colours & Botanical Blooms



Hellooo all!!!

So you will have just joined me from Julie Wade's blog Create Handmade Happiness, how is it so far? There are so many amazing and interesting projects from all these lovely ladies, hopefully my can live up to their standards!

This blog hop will be occurring every 1st Saturday of the month so make sure you don't miss out.

Sooo last month's blog hop was about retiring products, well this month's one due to the new catalogue that has just come out this week (yayyyyy!!!! and a little dance) is all about the new in colours!

The new in-colours which will have probably been mentioned in the posts previously but I will say again are:
  • Dapper Denim
  • Emerald Envy
  • Flirty Flamingo
  • Peekaboo Peach
  • Sweet Sugarplum

For this post I have done two cards which use the new in-colors and the new copper embossing powder.


So for the above cards I used the Botanical Blooms photopolymer stamp set, which I have found so many different cards I can make with it and am looking to use it on my shadow box (previous post) once I get my dies to go with it, as I don't want to hand cut them ;-) 

With the card on the right I used the new in-colours and just stamped the flowers and leaves randomly on the page, I then used the Botanical Gardens vellum over top of the stamped card (this was the vellum that came free during sale-a-bration). I stamped 'Happy Birthday, Everyone' from the hostess stamp set using versamark ink and heat embossed with the new Copper embossing powder.
I used Flirty Flamingo ruched ribbon at the top and then embellished it with a Botanical Garden Jewel and some enamel dots.

For the left card I stamped the leaves randomly with versamark ink and then heat embossed them with Copper embossing powder. I love the new copper embossing powder (thanks Sam!). I then again used the Botanical Gardens vellum over top of the stamped card and placed the copper embossed Affectionately Yours Washi Tape at the top of the card.
I finished it off with a Happy Birthday sentiment stamped in Emerald Envy and some Botanical Garden Jewels. Oh and some rhinestones, which I love using, they are nice and sparkly!

Bookmarks using the Botanical Blooms!

So whilst I was making the above cards I had some scrap card left over and wondered what to do with it, and suddenly thought oh maybe they might be big enough to make some bookmarks. My mum was crafting with me so she made the left and right ones and I made the middle one. She liked the Botanical Blooms stamp set so much that she wanted them as well!

And here they are:



The left and right bookmarks were made with the Botanical Blooms stamp set and the sentiment is from the Wild about Flowers photopolymer stamp set.
The middle bookmark uses the Papillon Potpourri Clear-Mount Stamp Set, I then used the corner rounder to cut the corners and the sentiment is from the Wetlands clear mount stamp set. Twine and Night of Navy ribbon was used to embellish them.


Table built using Product Table Builder by The Crafty Owl



So we are now at the end of my post and if you click the below right picture then you will move forward in the blog hop and go to the next crafter who is Yvonne Hunt for her Vonnies World blog and if you click on the left button you go to the previous poster incase you missed them. Also if you click the main blog hop title at the top of this post then you will start at the beginning of the blog hop again.

Thank you for reading!

Sarah L

 
 Julie's Blog
 Yvonne Hunt's blog 
 

13 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards and great use of left-overs with the bookmarks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards and great bookmarks too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, I really like the bookmark idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makes Sam love the copper embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love all your projects but I especially have a soft spot for embossing and that copper colour... It's just fab-u-lous! You have inspired me to get out Botanical Blooms again, thanks! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah. LOVE your cards, glad to see that you have had a play with the copper powder... i still need to play! The butterfly bookmark is my favourite but the otehr are just as cute!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Limited edition Paper Pumpkin kit

My Pinterest

Follow